The first documentary mention was in 1198. Originally, the church had a circular tower of field stones, in the 19th century it was encased in a square-shaped, massive brick skin.
The chancel was originally vaulted and extended at the end of the 17th century.
Great church reconstruction in 1957: the side emperors, the "Grafstichs" and the old church benches were removed. The "Grafstuhl" was no longer considered contemporary. The patron of KG Warder, the owner of Rohlstorf, sat here. The KG Warder is to this day patronage community. The patron, Herr Heinrich von Rantzau, has a voice in the pastor's office. During the church reconstruction, the old heating (large furnace below the pulpit) was removed, the Romanesque arch was broadened in the church, and the pulpit was moved from the arch to the chancel.
The Kanzel of 1614 is a foundation of Claus Buchwald and his wife Adelaide on Wensin, as a longer flat German inscription states. On the five panels are the following pictorial representations: the Annunciation to Mary, the birth of Jesus, the twelve-year-old Jesus in the temple, baptism and the Last Judgment. Pulpit cover later (about 40 years ago) first attached as a provisional with chains. (til today …)
The wooden christening (rather rare!) From 1682, a foundation of Anna Margaretha Brockdorff, on the sides with flower garlands and brass insert, was restored 1973/74 and restored in the original color version.In the baptism, a brass bowl is used as an insert.
The colored altar windows depict the apostles Paul and Peter. They are a foundation of Count and Countess of Rantzau on the occasion of their silver wedding 07.10.1897.
The candlesticks in the church originally came from the good and once were a single candlestick.The former crypt (Brockdorffkapelle) north of the choir, with a stuccoed cross-rib vault, is now accessible from the choir and is used as sacristy.
The three painted portraits of past pastors in the church should be a "Danish" custom. Two of the portraits belong to the Griebel family. This is connected to this church to this day. The surrounding graves were restored and are located in front of the eastern choir side outside the church.The third portrait is by Pastor Wolters. He has made a great contribution to the KG Warder because of the "Wolterian anotations", a sort of church chorus. In this way, he has written a kind of first history of this KG. He also renovated and repaired the buildings he had found in a very bad condition. In his time, 12 women of the congregation were publicly burned as witches on the so-called Hexenbarg. As a clergyman, he had to be present at these executions and reported in his appeals. The jurisdiction at that time lay with the then patron of Brockdorff. Lord of the Manor of Wensin.